Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Table Runner


So as you may or may not remember back in April I got these pretty fabrics for my birthday...


Well it took me awhile because I didn't know what I wanted to do with the fat quarters beyond that I wanted to make a table runner or possibly some mug rugs. I finally sat down and sketched what I thought would look good.

Then I got to cutting and sewing and well lets just say that the end result is very different than what I had planned.



This is what I came up with. Happy with the design and the diagonal straight line quilting however disappointed with the end result. When I went to wash it it became very distorted in the wash. I am blaming this partially on the fact I didn't prewash and used flannel for the batting and for the fact my quilting wasn't exactly lining up right. I was really hoping for something really modern and clean lines.....yeah not happening.

I will leave it on the table but I might retry with mug rugs since I have enough fabric leftover.

Little Goofs:
Distortion...whomp whomp :/ Oh well live and learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment