Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Vintage Quilt


This is one of the quilts I acquired/inherited from my fiance's grandmother's house when we were cleaning it out. This is also the only quilt I got that is still in one piece.



There is a story to this quilt too, like there is with every quilt. This one was made by a family member but no one is quiet sure who. It was remade I guess due to it falling apart due to age and general neglect. This is piece from the original quilt that was framed.



I wasn't totally into it in the beginning I am afraid to say. However having it sit in our bedroom and examining up close on a few occasions it has grown on me. In fact I am absolutely in love with it now and hope that one day I can make something this intricate and beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Kristyn, this quilt is just beautiful and I love the colourway. I too hope to make something like this one day :)

    ReplyDelete